Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chicken Tequila Burgers


When I saw this recipe on Pink Parsley I knew my husband and I had to try it out – and I will tell you know this is one delicious and healthy burger! Oh, and remember my first recipe post that said I would teach you at a later date how to make your own ground chicken? Well, the time has come! I promise you this will be one burger you find very easy to make and mighty tasty!

Chicken Tequila Burgers
adapted from Pink Parsley

Ingredients

2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, roughly chopped
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup parsley (or cilantro)
Juice of 1 lime
1 ½ ounces tequila
Dash of soy sauce
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
½ cup panko bread crumbs
½ teaspoon honey
Burger buns, brushed with oil and put on the grill for light marks
Sautéed peppers and onions (I buy frozen and just heat through to save time and money)

Instructions for cooking:

Process the garlic, parsley, and jalapeno in the food processor until finely chopped.

Cut the chicken breasts into chunks, and add to the food processor. Add the lime juice, tequila, soy sauce, honey, panko, salt, and pepper. Pulse until the chicken is uniformly ground and all the ingredients are well mixed. (Making your own ground chicken for this recipe saves you a ton of calories and fat. If you buy your own ground chicken at the store most likely the meat has extra stuff such as skin to add flavor to the meat but what you don’t realize is the additives also add fat and calories that boneless skinless chicken breasts don’t have.)

Form into 4 patties.Prepare grill, and grill 5-7 minutes per side, or until burgers are cooked through. Serve on toasted hamburger buns and topped with peppers and onions.

My husband added sliced white American cheese to the other burgers – they were good but next time I’d like to try sliced pepper jack cheese to add a little kick to the burgers. I also recommend serving this delicious burger with a margarita – it’s the perfect pairing!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment